May 8th, almost a month ago, I outlined my goals for the summer. I want to write an update to evaluate where I am.
From May 8th post:
- Keep Sunday as a study day (like Ben Franklin)
- Read at least 1 book per week
- Try some woodworking projects
- Run the memorial mile on 5/28
- Squat 500 lbs without a belt, Deadlift 500, Bench 400
- Monitor my asthma daily, try to find triggers and experiment with alternative cures
- Brew Kombucha, hard cider, possibly beer
- Establish a sourdough starter and regularly make bread
- Bowl 205+
I’ve done a pretty good job of keeping Sunday as my study day. More discipline and topic focus could add to it.
I have barely read at all – time to change that
Built an aquaponics grow bed, which was the biggest carpentry project I’ve ever worked on. I’d like to build a chair or table for fun next.
Memorial Mile: 6:53 PR
Maxes to date: Squat 455, Deadlift 425, Bench 335×2
Haven’t been monitoring asthma
None so far
Tried to make sourdough, but let it sit out too long and mold grew
Bowled a 204, have only gone twice so far.
I’m going to keep striving for these goals. Read more, keep getting stronger and running more.