I’ve never made New Years resolutions before, but this year felt different. I’m out of school now and I’ve been searching to get into a good routine. So a large part of what I want to accomplish in the next 365 days is develop habits for the rest of my life.
Main Goal for 2014
Develop a consistent morning ritual. Right now that is wake up at 5:30, body weight workout with a few kettlebell exercises, make coffee, and spend 30 minutes on personal development.
This is a modified version of Cory Gregory’s Up Early to Train, with my real workout coming later in the day. I find that I have my best workouts in the mid afternoon.
- Bench 450
- Deadlift 600
- Squat 565
- Run a sub 6:00 mile
- Run 10 miles without stopping
To make the year a lot more interesting, and to work on my weak self discipline, I’m participating in 12 monthly challenges for 2014.h/t to reecepacheco.com for this idea. I really like the idea of doing something new each month of the year.
- January: Whole 30, a strict diet with no sugar, alcohol, grain, dairy, or legumes
- February: Write a handwritten letter to a friend or relative each day
- March: Meditate for 15 minutes each day
- April: Eat Vegan
- May: Draw or Paint Everyday
- June:Write 1000 words per day
- July:Study astronomy everyday
- August: Read 1 hour per day
I need some more time to think of the last 4 months, and I may rearrange some of the other months. I’m really excited for this great year.
Thank you so much for caring about me enough to read my blog. If I can help you in any way, email me alex @ flannelfarms.com
Have a great 2014!